Asset Manager -M009
Job Ref (CV_ENG.M009)
Asset Manager -M009
Vancouver, BC, Canada
You will work with client organizations to build their asset management capabilities, develop asset management strategies and plans, develop models and tools for asset planning and analysis, and identify process improvements in any aspect of asset management. Deliverables may include maturity assessments and strategies, asset management plans, investment prioritization tools and approaches, software selection and implementation, asset data management, and business process development. You will work with client organizations to help them better understand the challenges and opportunities that climate change presents and simplify what is often a complex and confusing issue for clients. To do so you will work on the development and delivery of strategic direction setting; risk management and opportunity identification; options analysis, prioritization and decision support; action identification and implementation planning; and, the development of monitoring, reporting, verification and evaluation approaches.
This position is ideal for a proactive, self-directed and curious individual who thrives in a client-focused environment. The ideal candidate will be able to conduct research and analysis with minimal supervision and take the initiative to interpret information and research outcomes to further hone investigation and analysis. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to present evidence and insights that are effectively articulated through clear and concise written work (both formal and informal) that is second to none, as well as develop and deliver of engaging presentations (both virtually and in person). As a “quick study” you will pick up and new concepts and ideas to build a repertoire of analytical skills and tools that support the delivery of strategically important client deliverables.
• Diploma or undergraduate degree in a planning, engineering, applied science, economics and/or business management discipline (other disciplines will be considered if it is clearly demonstrated that they provide the skills required of the job).
• Aptitude to conduct both quantitative and qualitative research and data analysis, including items such as statistical analysis, modelling and forecasting, as well as data visualization; an ability to quickly develop a foundational understanding of new topics to support planning and analysis activities.
• Project management and organizational skills, including ability to manage competing priorities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills with an ability to effectively engage audiences, as well as to clearly summarize findings and offer meaningful insights
• An orientation towards client service, including the ability to elicit and understand client needs and desired outcomes.
• A passion for sustainability and community innovation and motivation to make a positive impact on urban and rural communities.
• Experience in infrastructure asset management techniques such as strategy development, capital and/or maintenance planning, risk management, reliability engineering, investment prioritization, enterprise asset management software selection/implementation, business process improvement.
• Experience in climate advisory techniques such as GHG accounting methodologies, approaches and regulations, a sound understanding of climate change mitigation and adaptation, proven history with the development of energy and GHG models across a range of sectors, experience in the development of strategic plans and/or policy that manage GHG emissions, and a sound understanding of climate change risk (would be an asset).
Email your CV to :