Civil Engineer -C007
Job Ref (CV_ENG.C007)
Civil Engineer -C007
Victoria, BC, Canada
The ideal candidate will assist in the design, project management and contract administration of a wide variety of projects including small and large scale municipal developments, civil site development and municipal rehabilitation projects. The core requirements for the role are strong technical capabilities covering all aspects of civil design specifically water, sanitary and storm sewer design, as well as road and site grading design. You will have hands-on involvement in preparing studies, designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents and will also participate in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, and contract administration for infrastructure projects. You will also be involved in business development and preparation of proposals. In addition, you will have interaction with clients, contractors, and sub-consultants. The position brings with it the potential for excellent career growth as you will be involved in many wide ranging and varied projects. Travel will be required at times based on project requirements. Responsibilities include the following:
• Act as Project Engineer/Manager on assignments with assistance of senior engineers.
• Coordinate technicians and designers to ensure that contract drawings are accurately prepared and checked.
• Prepare written technical reports including but not limited to feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, and design criteria reports.
• Perform construction administration/inspection.
• Prepare contract documents and construction drawings.
• Perform Project Management tasks including communications with clients, managing schedules, budgets and reporting requirements.
• Achieve budget compliance on assigned engineering projects to ensure financial objectives are met or exceeded.
• Participate in marketing strategies and business development with clients to procure business.
• Write proposals to procure new projects.
• Communicate effectively and clearly; both verbally and in writing with clients.
• Coordinate sub-consultants' activity on projects.
• Execute projects in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
• Degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
• A professional licensing with EGBC as a P.Eng., with a minimum of 5 years of civil design experience.
• Relevant experience in the undertaking of design, specifications, cost estimating, tendering, and construction.
• Proven technical skills.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Committed team player.
• Track record in managing clients and developing client relationships.
• Proven people skills for both internal and external clients.
• Effectively and clearly liaise with clients, both written and verbal.
Email your CV to :